Ohio State Crew, a co-ed rowing club at The Ohio State University, is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Coach. The successful candidate will direct the overall shape of the rowing program, in compliance with the University’s Rec Sports department, a dedicated group of student officers, and a supportive alumni group. The role includes, but is not limited to, selecting and managing a coaching staff, planning for regattas, implementing a training program that meets a wide range of club needs, transporting and maintaining equipment, and working with the local community to continue the club’s longstanding presence.
Ohio State Crew is funded through member fees and fundraising through its alumni organization, Friends of Ohio State Crew (FOSC). The club, in coordination with FOSC, has committed to a $30k salary minimum for this role. Pending the successful candidate’s experience and capacity to engage in club management, additional compensation is both available and possible. The position does not include health care or retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should review the responsibilities below and send a resume and cover letter to the search committee chair, Rachel Bushman, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The anticipated start date is no later than August 1st.
• Design and effectively implement an organizational structure that fosters athlete development for all club members (Men & Women, Novice & Varsity)
• Oversee the development and execution of new member recruitment plan
• Hire and supervise coaching staff within club’s organizational structure
• Develop a training program for club members with respect to their experience, skill level, and goals
• Maintain and transport equipment, including trailer driving
• Positively represent the club in private and public forums
• Support the officer corps in areas of communications, travel logistics, budgeting, fundraising, and risk management
• Serve as the primary liaison between student officer corp, FOSC, Rec Sports, and external partners
• Ensure compliance with The Ohio State University and club sports as well as the city of Columbus
• Collaborate on long term projects with multiple partners (i.e., university, athletic department, alumni, government) to foster continued club growth
• 3+ years of rowing coach experience, including long term planning and team logistics
• Ability to run practices 6 days a week through the fall, winter, and spring seasons
• Ability to relocate to the greater Columbus, OH area if not already residing in the area
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• SafeSport Certification
OSU Crew & FOSC are equal opportunity employers. We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.